Saturday, March 16, 2013

Addison Mae - 19 months





I can neither comprehend how this girl of mine was the tiny baby in my belly, and then the new creature we brought home a year and a half ago... that has now become this whirling dirvish that will soon be 2 whole years old. Insanity. Addie still really, really dislikes the doctor and tells me every day, at least once, "no doctor." Anytime we go anywhere unfamiliar, she assumes we're going to the doctor and protests (loudly) until she's sure the coast is clear. She still really, really likes going to the park, talking about her friends, "playing soccer" (our version of hall ball ... except in the entry way and with the added benefit of a crazed dog), playing night night (basically jumping on our bed and/or seeing how many people/animals she can get there at one time) and watching Mickey Mouse. She talks a lot. All the time. Though often she still needs a translator (me) ... Jordan yells, "Erin! Translate please!" She gets really frustrated if I can't translate, which thankfully doesn't happen too often. She is super bossy, which, I know, she comes by naturally. I love seeing her sense of independence grow, but I also like that in new situations, she still needs me for a little comfort and reassurance. I love that she still loves to snuggle and is now saying "I love you" and totally understanding what she's saying to us. "I love you, mama" is truly the sweetest thing I've ever heard. Or "I love you, too" when I drop her off at school.

Weight: 21 lbs 12 oz
Length: 30 inches

New things this month:
  • Some of my favorite new words and phrases are: Addie do it/Addie did it, Addie find it, right here, Mama/Dada ... are you? (calling "where are you?"), Izzy come!, caterpillar, Addie lap (declaring that my lap is for her alone), blankie, coffee, shoulder, whoopsie daisy, uh-oh spaghetti-o's, Daddy home!, Addie house/Debbi house (she always asks my mom where they are going when she picks her up from school), airplane, music dance (which means somebody turn on some music so I can dance)
  • Singing her ABCs pretty accurately. She's brilliant. Other new favorite songs include Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes, Baa Baa Black Sheep and Happy Birthday (happy to you!). I love that while she's eating breakfast or sitting in her car seat, she'll just randomly break out in song.
  • Counting to 10. Sort of. Her favorite numbers are one, three, eight, nine, ten ... so sometimes that's how we get to 10.
  • An obsession with babies. As in real ones. (She still doesn't quite understand the concept of mothering her babies at home). She really wants to touch them. As long as her mama doesn't touch them. She REALLY doesn't like it when other babies cry. Very concerning.

 Likes:
  • The park. Sliding. Yelling "Wheeeeeee!" anytime we drive past a park.
  • Looking for airplanes in the sky.
  • Dance parties
  • Saying, "Hi people" to strangers or cars going by. As long as they don't try to come near her/touch her, she's good.
  • Looking for birds in the sky and yelling "Go birdies go!" We may have stood in the Target parking lot a time or two yelling this at the top of our lungs and gotten a few strange looks ...
  • Miss Julie and music school. Especially playing Ring Around the Rosey at the end and getting stamps. And impressing Miss Julie.
  • Playing soccer, aka hall ball.
  • Playing with her Easter eggs and basket. Which mostly means scattering them all over the wood floors for the cat to play with/hide all over the house.
  • Going to parties. She yells "PARTY!!!!" when we tell her we're going to one. Maybe that's what I should start telling her when we're going to the doctor ...

Dislikes:
  • Not being the center of attention. Which she displays by hitting, pulling hair, pinching, biting, etc. Whatever works. She gets to go to time out a lot still.
  • Ear drops.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment