Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Addison Mae - 35 months






So I pretty much almost always cry when I think about my baby turning 3. In just ONE month. There may be a lot of difficulties about 2 and 3-year-olds, but in all honesty I just love this age. She still needs me so much, but she's also learning so much and asserting her independence. She's figuring out how the world works and her place in it. Everything is new and exciting. Her sense of wonder and fun are contagious. How I love this little person.

She had the best Fourth of July with our family in town from Houston/Colorado/NY, including my cousin's daughter, Emily, who was Addie's personal assistant throughout the weekend. Addie is obsessed with her, and Emily played along so sweetly. Highlights were swimming, going to a parade (complete with a ridiculous amount of candy) and setting off small (not noisy) fireworks with her daddy.

Weight: 29 pounds
Length: 36 inches

 New things:
  • An obsession with playing Crazy 8s and Memory. We do this every night from the time her brother goes to bed until it's her bedtime. She loves to say "I winned the game." And then has a great victory dance comprised of practically standing on her head and kicking her feet in the air.
  • Even more letter recognition, and getting better at writing a few of them. She can spell her name, although she gets a little confused at the end depending on which name she is spelling. She often says "A-D-D-I-N." Close.
  • Swimming like a boss. Well, a 2-year-old boss. She was AMAZING at her swim lessons and can totally swim underwater, as long as a responsible party is nearby to help. We've abandoned floaties and life jackets and have just let her have at it. She's great at holding her breath and loves to jump off the diving board. She also loves to dive for rings and can get them off the bottom of the shallow end. 

Likes:
  • Twirling. Anytime. Anyplace. 
  • Frozen. It's a total obsession at this point. Jordan finds himself singing the songs, out loud, at work. We all have a problem.  
  • Making up gymnastics circuits with me. 
  • Playing pretend. Whether with her babies, dress-up clothes or her kitchen, her little imagination is flourishing. She loves to ask me "What's your name, Mommy?", which means I'm supposed to make up a name, and then she does, too. We play school, gymnastics, library, grocery store ... and she mostly prefers to be the teacher or the one in charge (shocking)
  • "Painting" with water and paint brushes on the back patio.
  • Swimming. And that when she's swimming at Grammie and Pawpaw's, she can just pee in the yard.
  • Donuts. She loves going with Daddy occasionally on Saturday mornings to pick them out.
  • Sunflowers. Be still my heart. We love to look for them and point them out to each other while driving around town. We did this last year, too, and she totally remembered it. Although last year she called them "funflowers." She was ecstatic when I recently bought some for her.
  • Cooking. "I need to get my chair, Mommy." (for standing on next to the island so she can reach the action)
  • Meeting people. "Hi, my name is Addison. What's your name? Nice to meet you."
  • Praying. She has two prayers she loves to say at dinnertime. And always tells me what she wants to thank Jesus for at bedtime. She recently told me when on the way to school that she was going to teach the other children about Jesus when she got there. Took my breath away. 
Dislikes:
  • Time out. Or being told to go to her room. Really, she just doesn't like being by herself.
  • Being denied watching Frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment