Monday, August 18, 2014

Addison Mae - 3 years

 





 



Y'all. She's THREE. I have no words. She, on the other hand, has lots of words. She constantly surprises me with the words she knows, her manners, her social skills ... and her stubbornness. She's definitely three.

She finishing up school in late July by wearing her birthday shirt and taking insane purple cupcakes for her friends. I CANNOT believe that she'll be starting preschool in just a few weeks. I'm so excited for the new experiences and all she's going to learn ... but it also means my baby is growing up.

Just before her birthday, Jordan's Granny and her Gigi passed away. My sweet girl misses her Gigi but is quick to tell us that she's in heaven where she's feeling better and with Jesus. I'm amazed at her faith.

She had such a fabulous birthday, starting with a jillion balloons and streamers outside her room. Her requested favorite breakfast was "breakfast crack," complete with a candle. She opened a million gifts, almost all of which were Frozen-themed, and then we went to the Myriad splash pad and playground with friends. She requested lunch at Saturn Grill, where she got to eat her pink cupcake first. We had a special dinner with all her grandparents and Jordan's aunt and uncle who were in town. The following day was her awesome Splatter & Splash Bash at Grammie and Pawpaw's house. I loved watching her and her sweet friends paint and swim and giggle.

I remember this girl as a teeny, tiny, brand-new infant, who relied upon me for every little thing in her life. And now she's so big, so confident, so brave. And I love that she still needs me sometimes, too. She often tells me, "Don't worry Mommy, I'll still sit in your lap when I'm firty-one." I'm so proud of the little person she's becoming.

Weight: 30 pounds
Length: 36.5 inches

 New things:
  • Upper and lower case letter recognition. Letter and number tracing. Some writing on her own. Definitely a better command of writing utensils. I'm so impressed with her!
  • Recognizing sounds, and which letters make which sounds. Although sometimes she says things like .. Guh-Guh-Guh Grammie ... starts with a Q. Makes me laugh.
  • A continued obsession with games. Crazy 8s, Memory, Candyland and a new game called Chicky Boom are her faves. I love watching the wheels turn in her head as she strategizes. She's seriously competitive.
  • Oh the attitude. Some days she's my perfectly sweet, only occasionally sassy girl. Other days I'm sure we're going to duke it out and there will be only one of us left standing when Jordan gets home

Likes:
  • Oh, Frozen. I've seriously limited TV time, which means that anytime I let her watch, she requests Frozen. (Which is secretly OK with me - I love it too!)
  • Singing Frozen. At the top of her lungs. All. The. Time. (I join in. So does her daddy. And brother dances)
  • Speaking of her brother, she loves him and she is SO good with him. Be still my heart.
  • Using her amazing imagination. Lately, we often pretend one of us works at Sonic and the other is ordering (complete with button pushing).
  • As noted above, Sonic. She loves to go.
  • Cooking. I love that she loves one of my favorite activities too.
  • Going to Carter's to pick out clothes. I'll probably regret this later, but it's pretty fun right now.
  • Listening to "her" music in the car, which she calls "my music" or "Jesus music."
Dislikes:
  • Getting in trouble. Going to time out. Going to her room.
  • Being denied her way.
  • Having any of her Frozen items taken away, which has been a very effective punishment!

No comments:

Post a Comment