Monday, January 9, 2012

Addison Mae - 5 months



My baby is almost half a year old! Where has the time gone??? Every time I look at her I can't believe how big she is - she's almost too long for some of her 6 month clothes already. I see pictures of her first few days in this world and can't believe she was that tiny. And that I have (somewhat) successfully raised a person for five months. The best thing about the past month has been Addie's sweet little laugh. The worst thing has been the return of our nemesis colic. Have I mentioned that I hate colic?? During the holiday season, we had so much fun sharing her with our family and friends. We love watching other people delight in her. Her little sense of humor is starting to develop and she loves interacting with us.  My favorite part of the day is when I hear her wake up in the morning and then go into her room to see her huge, happy grin, like I'm just the person she was hoping would come get her up. Well, I also really like snuggling with her before bed at night, too. And when I pick her up from my parents' house and she smiles when I walk in like, "hey, that's my mom and I really like her."

Weight: a little over 13 pounds
Length: around 24 inches
New things this month:
  • Laughing!! My favorite sound in all the world. Blowing raspberries on her neck or tummy are the surest way to hear that sweet sound.
  • Grabbing her feet. Now I totally get where the happy baby yoga pose comes from. She does it daily. I'm pretty sure those feet are going to be in her mouth any day now.
  • Rolling onto her side and from tummy to back constantly. If that little shoulder didn't get in the way every time, she'd be rolling from back to tummy, too.
  • Sleeping on her side. Like I said, she likes to roll.
  • An obsession with Mia and Izzy. She loves them and loves to pull their fur, their ears, whatever they will let her grab.
  • Grabbing our faces constantly, especially our lips. And then cramming her hand in our mouths. Or her fingers up our noses. Apparently we are fascinating.
  • Eating cereal, which she really likes, and sitting in her high chair. We've had some trouble with this one, though. Switched from rice to oatmeal and hoping that will help her little tummy feel better. Making the move to veggies soon.
  • She loves to "stand," with help obviously. She prefers a standing position to sitting or lying down. I think she'll be running soon :)
  • Blowing bubbles and spitting. She loves to imitate us or, even better, for us to imitate her. I think she spit fairly constantly the entire time we were in Target on Sunday.
Likes:
  • Her number one like is still her hands. They are in her mouth constantly. And she likes to use them to grab anything she can get and put that in her mouth, too.
  • She definitely has eyes for her mom and dad. When someone else is holding her, she looks around until she finds us.
  • Watching us eat. She follows each bite from our plates to our mouths.
  • Her stationary jumper. Her feet don't exactly touch the ground yet, but she loves the music it makes and all the toys she can conveniently get in her mouth.
  • Still loves to be read to, especially each night before bed.
  • Her new ladybug nightlight, which projects stars and the moon onto the ceiling. As soon as we turn out the light each night before bed, she immediately looks up to the ceiling for the stars.
  • Crazy kid still loves my singing.
  • I think she likes bathtime more and more every day. She likes it so much she didn't even protest at all during her baptism when the water was placed on her head.
Dislikes:
  • One guess. Yep, napping it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment