Saturday, November 5, 2011

Addison Mae - 3 months


I cannot believe I have a 3-month-old. The time has flown by, which anyone who is a parent tells you before you become a parent, and you believe them, but you have no idea how very fast the time flies until you become a parent yourself. Addie is changing so rapidly I feel like I can hardly keep up. I love watching all her firsts, watching her discover new things and watching her little personality develop. I get a little weepy when she outgrows her clothes or moves up to the next diaper size. I find myself simultaneously anticipating all the things she'll do next and wishing I could keep her just the age she is at the moment.
Weight: around 11 pounds
Length: around 22 1/2 inches
New things in the past month:
  • Trying to suck her thumb - we're almost there
  • Sitting up in the Bumbo
  • Squealing. So close to a laugh.
  • Grabbing for/holding on to toys. And then trying to get them in her mouth
  • Sleeping for at least an 8-hour stretch at night, usually 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
  • Pushing herself all the way up when on her tummy. She's even rolled onto her back from her tummy twice, although I think the slant of the couch cushion may have had a little to do with it.
Likes:
  • Her mom and dad. We're her favorites. Seriously, it's so amazing how she lights up for us, more so than for anyone else. I love being her mom.
  • Smiling.
  • Eating. I swear this kid would eat every 30 minutes if I offered.
  • Her evening "naked kicking routine." When she gets fussy late in the evening, she likes to be stripped down to just her diaper (she moves from crying to grinning as soon as we start taking her clothes off), laid on a super soft blanket and "kick it out"
  • Her stuffed blue octopus. Part of her ocean play mat. We don't leave the house without the octopus. He makes everything better.
  • Her super soft lamb that plays Jesus Loves Me. She prefers him to be part of her naked kicking routine. She likes to have him placed on her tummy, and she's just started hugging him. She's also started lighting up for other plush toys - anything that has a face is very exciting
  • Mirrors. She loves herself.
  • Books. Black and white, color, anything. Loves to be read to and look at the pictures.
  • The TV. Which I hate. She's just started noticing it and becomes riveted
  • Music. Jordan has started playing classical music on our stereo system and she is definitely a fan
  • The paci. Someday this will be a battle, but for now, I am so glad she likes it
  • Being swaddled.
  • Her white noise machine. Preferences are the ocean and rain settings. I keep saying that the first time we take this poor child to the ocean she's going to fall asleep immediately. She also loves the projections it makes on the ceiling.
  • Bathtime. Which had previously been a dislike. I end bathtime soaked because my girl has had so much fun splashing.
Dislikes:
  • Tummy time, which had previously been a like. She's become so much more observant, so I think she hates that she can't see what's going on around her.
  • Being away from mom and dad. Like I said, we're her favorites
  • Being in the carseat. Although the bear hanging from the handle makes it a little more bearable. (ha)
  • When her tummy hurts. Stupid colic.
  • Naptime. Bedtime/sleeping at night is fine. She thinks naps are for wimps.

No comments:

Post a Comment